2016 Good Brick Tour
An inside look at the best in local preservation
Noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 30 and May 1
Join Preservation Houston for a unique insider's look at a selection of current and former Good Brick Award-winning restoration projects during the 2016 Good Brick Tour, noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 30 and May 1.
The Good Brick Tour is your chance to explore these outstanding examples of historic preservation and to meet the property owners, architects and designers who guided them. Admission to the tour includes entry to all featured locations on both tour dates. (One-time admissions to single locations will also be available at a reduced price during the tour weekend.)
- 1203 Edwards Street in the First Ward, an 1899 Victorian cottage
- 716 Sabine Street in the Old Sixth Ward Historic District, an 1872 Carpenter Gothic cottage and compatible new construction
- 3405 Meadow Lake Lane in River Oaks, a distinctive 1947 John Staub-designed home
- 3229 Groveland Lane in River Oaks, a 1936 Regency Revival-style Birdsall Briscoe home
- 4111 Drummond Street in Ayrshire/Braes Heights, a 1953 contemporary home by Lars Bang
Tickets will be sold for $30 at every tour location during the tour weekend. Discounted single-site admissions will also be available during the tour weekend.
If you purchased your Good Brick Tour tickets in advance, you may check in at any tour location using the name on your reservation.
Are you or your company interested in sponsorship opportunities for the Good Brick Tour? Benefits include logo/name recognition during the tour, complimentary tour tickets and Preservation Houston memberships. E-mail us with questions or download a sponsorship form.
Thanks to our 2016 Good Brick Tour sponsors:
Queen Anne sponsors
Martha & Steve Curry • Paula Douglass • FW Heritage, LLC
Jim Reeder & Eric Nevil • Lee Roeder
Rob Griffith – Circa Real Estate, LLC
Sheiness, Glover & Grossman, LLC